16 January 2008

Organising

I'm still wandering through the labyrinth in a slightly dazed state. In a feable attempt to actually get started on my thesis, I spend today organising my stacks of useful peer reviewed (peer pressure is supposed to be strongest during your teens, ha!) articles.


This was not as easy as it seems. Although it is relatively easy to put paper in manilla folders (have you ever tried to remove the 'easy glide' tabs, get the tiny insert out, put it back in and then put the tab back on the folder????), you have to decide on which keywords are suitable as labels. And then decide on the articles that address more than one keyword. This last thing occurs quite often, which is in itself a good thing: it gives the impression the articles all have something to do with your topic of investigation.


I also tried to create some kind of guide for my research, which resulted in a totally confusing mind map. Sigh. I think I'm going to watch the Melbourne Open now. At least I'll know what I'm doing.

No comments: